The training course is aimed at training Board members (or potential and promising young leaders) who will be able to work in local, National and International contexts as well.
As new generations of leaders are growing, we want to ensure their growth as professionals and create an International network.
The “Leadership Academy” will consist of 3 sessions and fulfillment of homework between the sessions. Each session will last for 4 full days.
Schedule of the sessions:
I session: 21-26 March 2017, Czech Republic, Litomysl
II session: 11-16 June 2017, Moldova, Chisinau
III session: 7-12 November 2017, Belgium, Brussels.
The “Leadership Academy” invites about 30 participants from various countries of Europe thanks to funding coming from the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe.
The participants of the “Leadership Academy” will receive knowledge and master their skills in topics as:
1) Leadership: human rights, human rights based approach, leadership in an NGO, main competences of a leader, self-development, etc.;
2) Governance: democratic governance, governance and management, functions of governance bodies, main responsibilities of the Board;
3) Strategic planning: mission awareness, social relevance, understanding the needs of the target groups, how to make a strategic plan;
4) Advocacy: the notion of advocacy, political system and decision making process, levels of social participation, instruments of advocacy, partnership and cooperation;
5) International cooperation: global citizenship, peculiarities of International work, Inter-cultural communication.
experienced YMCA leaders and trainers, including Tina Larionova (YMCA Russia President, a trainer), Martina Hudcovska (YMCA Europe Financial Executive Secretary), Ilenia Ventroni (YMCA Europe Advocacy, Project and Fundraising Officer), Olga Lukina (YMCA Europe Regional Assistant for Movement Strengthening and Project Management, a trainer), Magdalena Gawronska (Head of external relations at the Ministry of foreign affairs of Poland), Crawford Bell (YMCA Scotland Senior Youth worker, specialist on governance) and other experts.
The methodology of the training course will be based on interactive methods of education.