The mission of YMCA and the GLOW & YMLP Youth Development Progrаm is to empower the young people and develop the inherent potential they have by providing them with the skills and knowledge necessary to become active leaders in their communities. This is realized through experiential education that celebrates diversity, builds academic and social competencies.
GLOW & YMLP Clubs are youth-led clubs housed in diverse communities around the country. The clubs provide an opportunity for young men and women to become leaders in their communities. These youth are often GLOW or YMLP Camp alumni who, through GLOW and YMLP Club activities, are able to apply what they have learned at camp about leadership and civic engagement in their communities. Clubs hold two meetings monthly and are responsible for one community service project each school semester.
In 2018, GLOW and YMLP clubs have implemented an exciting new model for alumni of our program to interact with as club members in order to better accommodate accessibility of the GLOW and YMLP program for youth all over the country. This model incorporates two different ways GLOW and YMLP clubs can be realized. GLOW and YMLP Regional clubs create spaces where club leaders and members follow a specific program with enhanced support from YMCA, while GLOW and YMLP Satellite Clubs allow camp alumni to be creative and flexible in the implementation of their clubs in their local communities.
GLOW/YMLP Regional Clubs are the 7 flagship GLOW & YMLP clubs in Macedonia. They receive a higher level of support from YMCA, which includes funding, mentoring, and unique opportunities for training and skill development, and thus have more rigorous national standards which they must complete to fulfill their obligations as a club. The organization of clubs in this way allows YMCA and your club coordinators to be more engaged in your club efforts. The 7 Regional Clubs for the 2018-2019 school year include: Bitola, Kocani, Gevgelija, Skopje, Stip, Struga, and Tetovo.
GLOW and YMLP Satellite Clubs will be found this year in locations like Gostivar, Strumica, and Kumanovo. They are clubs formed by dedicated camp alumni who have stepped up into leadership roles in their community in the best tradition of GLOW and YMLP. These clubs are more flexible in their responsibilities, and while they have the opportunity to receive more tangible support from YMCA also have the option of creating their own club experience. Satellite clubs are welcome to participate in meetings, events, and service projects near their local Regional Club. They also have the opportunity to transition into Regional Clubs in Future years.
WHO DO WE WORK WITH?
- GLOW & YMLP clubs are operated and staffed by 15 adults comprising YMCA staff, Peace Corps volunteers, and GLOW and YMLP camper alumni. Clubs are developed and operated by YMCA with partnership from Peace Corps.
- Clubs are funded in large part by our partners and supporters including: OKTA, Mermeren Kombinat, TAV Airports, Alkaloid, Kromberg & Schubert, European Endowment for Democracy and dozens of individual contributors to our annual crowdfunding campaign.
- We have worked together with our friends at the US Embassy since the beginning of the YMLP and GLOW program.
GLOW and YMLP Clubs began in 2000 and 2016 respectively in order to provide camp alumni with an opportunity to apply the lessons they learned at Camps GLOW and YMLP in their communities. With a strong commitment to equality and diversity GLOW and YMLP clubs focus on curriculum tracks like environmentalism, civic responsibility, personal development, leadership, youth employability and women’s empowerment. Clubs prepare and propel youth to compose their leadership skills so that they may become the leaders in their communities, and in the world. GLOW and YMLP Clubs formally partnered with YMCA Bitola in 2016.
Европската Унија ги покрива сите трошоци со цел да промовира вредности како што се: активно граѓанство, толеранција, взаемно разбирање, солидарност.
Оваа програма еднаш во животот нуди искуство каде волонтерите имаат можност да запознаат други култури, да станат независни, да стекнат работни вештини, да се обучат за тимска работа, да патуваат и научат јазик како и да добијат Youthpass сертификат кој е признаен во странство и со тоа да ги зголемат шансите за вработување.
Доколку се волонтира на долгорочен проект (помеѓу 2 и 12 месеци), волонтерот нема повеќе можност за повторување на искуството преку оваа програма. Доколку првото волонтирање е краткорочно до 2 месеци, тогаш волонтерот би можел да аплицира уште еднаш за искористување на преостанатите 10 месеци.
Овој тип на волонтирање не е платена работа, јазичен курс, стажирање или туризам и покрај тоа што содржи елементи од сето ова.
Проектите за кои може да аплицирате имаат најразлични теми (над 50) и ваше е да одберете дали сакате да работите со деца или во театар или можеби со лица со хендикеп, социјална работа, ICT- нови тенологии, да предавате јазик, да научите како да водите организација, работа со кампови итн.
Низ следниве дата-бази може да се пребаруваат овие теми:
– https://europa.eu/youth/volunteering/project_en (пребарувате согласно Вашите временски планови, тема и земја каде би сакале да волонтирате),
– https://youthforeurope.eu/ (пребарувате под „Младински размени“, „Европски Солидарен Корпус“ или „Тренинзи“)
Отворените повици за волонтирање ги објавуваме на фејсјбук. Ако сакате повиците да ги добивате на е-маил запишете се на нашата ЕВС меилинг листа, пишете ни директно и ќе Ви одговориме. Доколку имате прашања може да не контактирајте и на меил: email@example.com.
Работните часови на канцеларијата се од понеделник до петок од 10.00 до 16.00 часот.
Ако сте заинтересирани или пак имате прашања за учество во нашите активности, да споделите идеи или да добиете информации за нашите тековни активности, тоа можете да го сторите на волонтерските средби кои ги организираме повремено.
Календарот на настани се обновува во текот на месецот. Бидете во тек со нашите случувања!
ПОВИКОТ Е ЗАТВОРЕН!!!
European Volunteer Service (EVS) in YWCA-YMCA Global, part of the YWCA-YMCA of Norway
We are looking for one person from Macedonia on EVS in Norway for 12 months starting from May 2019.
- to raise awareness among young people in Norway, Palestine, Macedonia and Romania about the injustices young people in other countries are facing, and to create solidarity between them;
- to give young people in these countries knowledge / skills to take action to address these injustices, for example through campaigning, communications, peer education
- to build the capacity of the partner organizations to promote international solidarity and action between and by young people, so that this work can continue, even after the exchange ends;
- to produce changes in unjust policies that are affecting young people;
- to contribute to building a global movement of young people working for justice across borders and cultures.
All volunteers will:
- attend strategic events – for example large scale youth festivals and summer camps where they can mobilize large numbers of Norwegians to become globally aware /active
- run Training of Trainers so that the leaders being trained can pass on the knowledge and skills to their groups. Topics might include the Occupation of Palestine; how to become a Peacemaker; etc.
- help to create resources that can be used to deliver training even after they leave – for example short films; photos; case studies.
https://kfuk-kfum.no/ditt-kfuk-kfum/vestlandet/haugaland-kfuk-kfum/hovedforeninger/haugesund-kfuk-kfum – the website for the local organization
Main Work tasks and expectations of the ESC Volunteer will be to be active and committed to contribute to the development of new activities to the children and youngsters of the organization together with other Danish volunteers and staff members. As ESC volunteer you will get the opportunity to play an active role in local activities, and you will also get the opportunity to participate in national YMCA and YWCA events for children and teenagers. At some of these events up to 1200 people will participate.
Expect more details soon!!
In the first phase we have the Training Course focused on implementing the concept of gamification in youth work, in the frames of the Play the way!
The Youth Exchange is designed for people working with youth in various contexts and it uses their context as a creative base for combining game elements with work. Our intention is to create a safe and supportive non-formal learning environment, where our participants can experience and experiment with various gamification-tools and receive a brief but impactful input in the position of the facilitator, mentor, and coach, during the TC and also during the Youth Exchange.
This will take place at the The eco-center Švýcárna near Adamov, Czech Republic:
Play the Way – Training Course: 4. – 10. 11. 2019
The second phase will be:
Play the Way – Youth Exchange: 11. – 19. 05. 2020
For this event there is placement for 3 Macedonians to the TC and 5 Macedonians to the YE (one participant being the Group Leader, has to participated in the TC). Participation/Sending fee is not yet determined, but there will be more info soon! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested or for with any questions!